Spiceless recipe. Goes well with sambhar rice / rasam rice / curd rice.
Easy to prepare.
1. Peerkangai / Ridge gourd - 1 no (if it is big).
2. Mung dal - roughly 1/2 handful
3. Cooking oil - 2 tbs
4. Mustard seeds + urad dal (whote lentil) - 1/2 tbs
5. Curry leaves - 4 nos
6. Big brown onion - 1/2 no (finely chopped)
7. Green chilies - 2 nos (slited)
8. Salt to taste
9. Asafoetida / Hing - pinch
1. Wash and cut the ridge gourd. Click here to see how to clean and cut the vegetable.
2. Wash the dal in a pan and add ridge gourd to it. Add water till the dal and vegetable gets immersed. Add salt and cook this in medium flame. Cook till the dal gets soften.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds + urad dal. Once it pops add curry leaves and hing. Add green chilli and onion. Cook till onion turns golden brown.
4. Add this to cooked vegetable + dal, mix well. Serve hot with rice.
குய்க் இனிப்பு பணியாரம்
4 years ago